Friday, August 04, 2006

Back to the Library

Yesterday I officially graduated the US Army Intelligence School as a 96B (Intelligence Analyst). I would like to thank everyone in C Co, 305th MI BN, for all their support and encouragement. In particular, my drill sergeants and civilian instructors were incredibly helpful. To my fellow IET graduates, it's been my pleasure and I wish you continued success.

Having completed my Initial Entry Training, I now head back to North Carolina to my job at ECU and to take up my post with the 30th Brigade Combat Team, NC National Guard. I will be back in Greenville and at work next week. Look for something like regular posting to resume then.

My apologies to my regular readers for the break from posting. A number of people have sent me encouragement either through comments or via e-mail. I appreciate the support and apologize for not being able to respond. Thank you all for your patience.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jack Stephens said...

Without the men and women who step forward to defend our freedom, nothing any one of the rest of us does would make the slightest difference.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Maggie Goff said...

David, it was great meeting you. Take good care, and thank you again for serving our country.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David -

You've entered a close-knit fraternity, viz., that of Intelligence Officer. You'll meet all types of individuals, many with conflicting ideas - - but all with same overiding goal, viz., the protection of our nation and way of life. CIA, NSA, FBI, The various Armed Services, State, Energy, Homeland Security,Treasury each have both unique as well as overlapping missions and responsibilities. You'll have increasing responsibilities,worries and frustrations but it helps to remember the old cliche: "When you're up to your a** in alligators, you've gotta' remember that it's your mission to drain the swamp!"

Welcome to the Club!

A Life member of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David -

PS: I forgot to mention that I'm married to a Librarian who is a former President of ALA, who is distressed as to where the Association appears to be headed.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home