Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Some Final Perspective

One last bit of perspective on the Berry nonsense before I return to more important topics (yes, I really mean it this time).

Somehow, my one comment about not wanting to be a mirror image of Mark Rosenzweig has been taken as some sort of horrible ad hominem uttered from the depths of my "netherworld echo chamber". Readers wanting to know what ad hominem attacks really look like are invited to browse some of the comments (link in PDF, use the rotate button to get a normal view) made in response to my September 2005 essay for the Chronicle. Mark Rosenzweig's post makes for especially entertaining reading (pgs.17-18).

Of course, I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to write the piece, so no big deal.


Finally, it seems fitting to give a pseudonymous blogger the final say, so I refer you to Tomeboy's thoughts on this whole pseudo-controversy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home