Monday, July 07, 2008

Signing Off

Yes, and I really mean it this time.

My sincere thanks to all who have read this blog or any part thereof. I hope it has been a useful source of information and analysis, regardless of whether or not you agree with my positions. In particular, thanks to everyone who sent me e-mail and my apologies for being so bad about responding. I also owe a debt of gratitude to those bloggers who linked to me and otherwise provided encouragement. In particular, I need to recognize Greg McClay of SHUSH; Jack Stephens, formerly of Conservator; Walter Skold, formerly of Freadom; and Stephen Denney.

A special mention should be made of the late Steven Vincent, the first "name" blogger/writer to link this site. It has been nearly three years since he was murdered by pro-Iranian Islamist thugs in the Iraqi city of Basra. He was truly a man of courage and conviction. RIP Steven.

Anyway, those looking for blogs by conservative or centrist librarians still have several choices:

-Annoyed Librarian (not that she really needs the PR)

-Collecting my Thoughts (A conservative Christian librarian: I think she de-linked me due to my being less than enamored with Mike Huckabee; oh well)

-Librarians for Fairness (Focused on Israel/Middle East issues)

-Safe Libraries

-Finally, there is Stephen Denney's excellent banned books blog.

If I missed any, please feel free to add a link in the comments.


While I will be preoccupied for the next year and a half, I may well write again someday on the issues I discussed here. Whether or not that's a good thing is up to the reader. Any final questions, comments, or hate mail regarding this site can be sent to:

durantd
at
ecu.edu


In the meantime, I can think of no better way to retire "Heretical Librarian" than with some Freedom Rock:

12 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

Gosh--sorry to see you go. I didn't know your link was dropped from my page. Must have happened when I reformatted. Good luck.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Art Deco said...

You are being deployed, no? I will ask St. Michael to pray for you.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Heretical Librarian will be missed. Good luck and stay safe.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous contrarian said...

God speed

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're ending your blog - while I didn't visit as often as I might wish, I always found something interesting and thought-provoking. God bless you and keep you, and thanks for everything you've shared with us!
- Librarian in Philadelphia

12:24 PM  
Blogger Maggie45 said...

David, God Speed. Keep your head down. Know that lots of prayers are being said for you.

Maggie in Bisbee

Let me know if you want letters.

8:50 PM  
Blogger ami said...

Nice BLOG.................................................

4:15 AM  
Anonymous istanbul referandum sonuçları said...

thank you

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Air Compressor said...

I enjoyed your post. It’s a lot like college – we should absorb everything we can but ultimately you need to take what you’ve learned and apply it.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Bradly Jones said...

thank you so much. i was running out of time for my paper tomorrow, and this really helped me to enrich my project. hope you don't mind that i used some points here.



--
cheap call to Iran

11:35 AM  
Blogger sheena said...

Chevrolet Cobalt Supercharger
It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Austin Wedding Photographer said...

Thanks for sharing your insights, thoughts and ideas in your blog. God Bless to you.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home