Friday, February 09, 2007

Miscellaneous Library Links

Here a couple brief but interesting items related to libraries that I've come across recently:

-Ms. Iyna Bort Caruso makes a startling admission in the Christian Science Monitor:

It's Saturday morning, and I'm standing under a thick, damp sky waiting for the doors to open. If only it was something as practical as, say, a Macy's shoe sale. But here I am, alone, waiting for the doors to open – to the library.

Librarius nerdus. I am a library nerd.



-While I was looking for news about Real Salt Lake's success in getting a soccer stadium approved, I came across this item in the Salt Lake Tribune:

Salt Lake City's Main Library has been ranked as one of the nation's favorite buildings.

In a poll commissioned by the American Institute of Architects, the library was ranked 69th out of 150.

"This is wonderful," Library Director Nancy Tessman said Thursday.

2 Comments:

Blogger A. Rivera said...

The "library junkie" story was a nice little report. Thanks for the pointer. I haven't worn out my library card, but I am working on it. Best, and keep on blogging.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Mrs Sharon Sim said...

I’m Charles David by name, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scam everywhere, Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Dr Purva Pius ( A God fearing man) who lend me a loan of $237,000 under 72 working hours without any stress. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan from this company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my shock I was given the loan, If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via: {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home