Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Halfway Home

For those who are interested, here's an update on my situation in the Army:

I have almost completed my tenth week of study here at the US Army Intelligence School at sun-drenched (until this week) Ft. Huachuca, AZ. I am studying to be an Intelligence Analyst. I picked that job because it is the one that is by far best suited to my abilities.

Counting Basic Training, I have been away from home for 20 weeks now. In 8 weeks I finally escape the clutches of TRADOC and return home a fully trained Army intel analyst. At that point, I return to my civilian job, and join my Guard unit in North Carolina. While I'm certainly ready to go home at this point, I also realize that my "sacrifices" pale in comparison to those who have risked their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I thought I was the only MLS-holding soldier in the entire United States.

Greetings from an 11B turned 97B and full-time conservative librarian in the Midwest.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you've inspired me. My new blog is located at http://pbilibrarian.blogspot.com/

thanks...

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to see others doing their duties in multiple ways. I was active duty 98G in the early 90's and am now a Finance LT in the NJARNG.

Enjoy your service!

George Fowler

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home