Friday, October 21, 2005

First Weekend of Drill

Tomorrow and Sunday mark my first official drills as a member of the North Carolina National Guard. It should be interesting. At the risk of being overly narcissistic, I'll post a wrapup on Sunday night. Until then, I don't know how much blogging I'll be able to do.

I don't actually ship for basic training until January, but in the meantime, here's a story that gives me hope:

As a mom, a grandmother and an owner of a construction company, Pfc. Terrill Stewart wears many hats. Now one of them just happens to be a beret.

Stewart graduated basic training at Fort Jackson, S.C., Oct. 14. At 40 years old, she not only graduated, she was selected as the "Soldier of the Cycle"’ for her company. Her son, Spc. Garret Good -- a driver for the command sergeant major of 1st Cavalry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team -- was able to be on hand at her graduation.



(Link courtesy of CounterColumn)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home