Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day Link Roundup

Here are some links worth checking out this Memorial Day:

Winds of Change: Memorial Day, 2005
-Some good links to blog posts and other articles.

President Commemorates Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery
-The text of President Bush's remarks this morning.

The American Experience: Return With Honor
-The story of US POWs in Vietnam, from PBS.

The Soldiers' Long Goodbye
-A moving article from the Washington Times on how the size of our veteran population is beginning to decline due to aging. Particularly poignant is the article's focus on the few surviving veterans of the First World War, who have no national monument to honor their courage and sacrifice.

Fallen Warriors
-Official Department of Defense site honoring all those who have given their lives for this country in the War on Terrorism.

Finally, I can think of no better way to close than with the words of Omar at Iraq the Model:

Being an I Iraqi citizen I believe I owe the men and women in the US military a lot and they deserve our utmost support and respect.

It's their bravery and sacrifices that liberated me and my country from the worst tyrant of our time and for that I'm grateful and I say THANK YOU again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home