Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Gorgeous George Comes to Washington

As I type, pro-Saddam British MP George Galloway is about to testify before the US Senate's Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, Committee on Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs. Last Thursday, the subcommittee released a report (PDF link) exposing Galloway's role in the UN Oil-for-Food program .

-Galloway has started his statement, and he's repeating all the usual anti-American nonsense. Rumsfeld met with Saddam, "con man" Ahmed Chalabi, "puppet government in Baghdad", Taha Yasin Ramadan is held in "Abu Ghraib", so he must have been tortured, etc. One thing that stood out is when Galloway said I opposed Saddam up until March 1990, while the US and Britain were "selling him guns and gas". Never mind that Galloway's beloved Soviet Union was Iraq's major arms supplier. Personally, I find it interesting that Galloway's criticism of Saddam stopped as soon as he came into direct opposition with the US and UK with the invasion of Kuwait. That should tell you all you need to know about Galloway's worldview.

-Here's another one: "neocon websites". Gorgeous George is using all the far left jargon: I gave my political life's blood to stop the mass killing of Iraqis". Of course, Galloway did so by supporting a genocidal mass murderer. "In everything I said about Iraq, I proved to be right", "if the world had listened to me", Halliburton, etc. Never mind that most of the case against Saddam has proved to be true.

-Gorgeous George is in rare form, practically every answer includes an accusation directed at Senator Coleman and the committee. This evidence is a lie because I say it is, etc. Now a gratuitous Israel reference.


More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home