Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Keeping up With Ward Churchill

Frankly I've had better things to write about than the loathsome America-hating crackpot Ward Churchill. Bloggers far more famous and eloquent than me have said what needs to be said about this thoroughly repugnant individual. The fact that someone with such a record of blatant academic fraud and an utter lack of serious academic credentials was able to gain tenure and become a department chair at a major university should tell you all you need to know about the state of contemporary academia.

My own take for what it's worth is that Churchill should not be fired for his vile comments justifying the 9/11 atrocities. However disgusting, his views are protected by academic freedom.

If you do want to keep up with the Churchill controversy, I recommend a great blog called Pirate Ballerina. As for myself, I prefer to focus on things far more worthy of attention than one shameless demagogue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home