Sunday, July 22, 2007

Letter from a Muslim Freethinker

Speaking of Irshad Manji's web site, her letters page contains this must read from a young woman known as "Dalia":

"Irshad, I'm 21 years old... I live in the West Bank... I think... And I'm honest with myself. A few days ago an online friend from the UK told me about ur book. I did check the web and downloaded the Arabic version e-book and also downloaded ur documentary 'Faith Without Fear' and watched it last night... I was happy because finally someone spoke up and said a true word...

Here in Palestine I'm accused [of] so many different things... very much like what u r accused of... being mossad or zionist and faithless. My dad thinks I'm buddhist too!!!!! Wow wow wow wow...

I was hit and shut up and abused by my own family because I think in a different way... Two years ago I escaped from home trying to get somewhere else where I can have some free space to think and talk to people... My try failed and they brought me back home through their relations with people in our great government and intelligence system...

The house was very much like a volcano at that time... They thought I went out of my mind... Or a "genni" was inside of me... And so my dad wanted to burn my books and threatened to kill me on many occasions... At that point I realized that talking to them was in vain and I decided to keep silent and think on my own...



Please click here to read the rest, as well as thoughts from other freethinking Muslims.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home