Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Upcoming Hiatus

I had my third National Guard drill session this past weekend. Nothing too major, mostly marching/hiking mixed in with classes about what to expect in basic training. I did pass the physical fitness test, 25 pushups and 28 situps in one minute each, and I ran a mile in 7:40. My mile time was a bit slower than before, but all three results are good enough to qualify for entry into basic.

Which leads me to my announcement: I will be shipping for basic training and advanced individual training in mid-January. In basic, I will be without Internet access (and a lot of other things), so that obviously means no blogging. Therefore, as much as it pains me to have to walk away from my new-found infamy, I am declaring that this site will go into indefinite hiatus as of December 31, 2005.

Now before my many fans in the Progressive Librarians' Guild get too excited, know that I will resume blogging as soon as I once again have regular Internet access. That might be in April, however it might not be until July. In the meantime, the site will still be here.

Further details will be forthcoming.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Heretical:
May you vaya con Dios y Christo. I look forward to your safe, prolific return.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for serving. I look forward to your return to the web.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home