Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Iraq: "Happy Birthday"

Once again, Arthur Chrenkoff has produced his biweekly roundup of underreported "good news" from Iraq. I'm sure you can guess what the focus of this edition is:

Aqil Ali Faraj of Lincoln, Neb., rented a van, filled it with friends and drove 500 miles to Chicago to vote. "It's a good day--better than my birthday," he said. "I feel like I've done something for my family, my country, for the future."

Yesterday was a birthday: the day free Iraq was born. It's not the end of the struggle against the revanchists and terrorists, but it's the day when these murderers lost any pretence that they are representing Iraq or the Iraqi people. And it's a big step on the road toward becoming a normal country.


Happy Birthday
(also available via Chrenkoff)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home