Sunday, December 05, 2004

More Video Blogging

Warning: Readers seeking insights on the important issues of the day are advised to scroll past this post.

VH1 Classic begins its hour of 80's videos. I watch hoping for clasic alternative and New Wave, or at least decent rock and pop. What do I get instead?

-Tiffany!!! The Proto-Britney. She had one song, and it was a cover of a Tommy James tune. Think I'll watch football for a few minutes...

-Alright, Crowded House followed by early REM, much better but not quite there..

-At last, the waiting pays off with Bob Mould, "See a Little Light". Thank you!!

-History is made, as at long last I finally see the video for one of the coolest songs ever, the Plimsouls' "A Million Miles Away"!

-After the commercial break, we go a little more mainstream with "Addicted to Love". RIP Robert Palmer. A great singer who shouldn't have needed videos using a "backup band" of hot babes in short skirts to attain major success and notoriety. Then again, I'm not exactly changing the channel.

Alright, I have now satisfied the need to video blog. Will return to more serious topics in the PM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home