Sunday, October 10, 2004

Great News from Down Under

After a Saturday spent away from politics and the Internet, I was very happy to find out that John Howard's Liberal Party has won Australia's election. This is terrific news, as Prime Minister Howard has been steadfast in his support for the War on Islamist Terror, especially the Iraq campaign. His opponent, Labor Party leader Mark Latham, had promised to pull all Australian forces from Iraq by the end of the year if elected. Australian bloggers Arthur Chrenkoff and Tim Blair have much more on the election and what it means.

I extend my congratulations to Prime Minister Howard for his victory, and my deepest thanks to him and the Australian people for their steadfast and brave support of America. The Australian electorate has wisely chosen courage and perseverance over defeatism and appeasement. I only hope the American electorate makes the same choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home